Friday 2 August 2013

Our Island Adventures: From Garden to Beach


We visited the only botanical garden on the Isle of Wight.  The garden has separate sections of plants that are grouped according to their regions of origin.  As it was the height of summer, all the plants and flowers were in full bloom so we had a really good wonder in the garden.  The most impressive section was the tropical greenhouse that was so hot and humid that my camera misted up immediately inside so I could not take any photo of the very exotic plants found there but I have a few photos of flowers to share:


The garden isn't very big (compared to the likes of Kew Garden) so we had time to walk down a path that starts at the bottom of the botanical garden that leads to a beach.


We were all really hungry by the time we reached the beach so we stopped at a beach-front cafe and ate a delicious, typically-beach-front meal of crab sandwich and crisps.  Yum!


Once we've filled our tummies, it's off to the beach for the rest of the day!  The boys hired a kayak and went paddling out at sea while my mother-in-law and I sat on the beach to relax and chat.  I am fortunate to enjoy a very good relationship with my mother-in-law so it has been a real joy to start a family tradition of holidaying together.


This post is part of a series about our summer holiday on the Isle of Wight.  You can read the entire series here.


This post is linked up to:
  1. Hobbies and Handicrafts - August 2
  2. Collage Friday - Planning, Reunions, & Deals
  3. TGIF Linky Party #87
  4. Country Kids - Missing Family Members
  5. Weekly Wrap-Up: The One Where Life Went Back to Normal
  6. The Homeschool Mother's Journal {August 3, 2013}
  7. Hip Homeschool Hop - 8/6/13

5 comments:

  1. Looks like plenty to do and some lovely pictures Popping over from hobbies and handicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures make me want to come and join you. So pretty and relaxing. I can sense your peace this summer. So pleased you're having a lovely time.
    Just read your book post. Wowser!! Incredible variety of books. Well done Tiger. And you know, if he had done nothing but read those books, you still would have provided him with a superior education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Clarie. I really needed that break to wind down and relax, so I'm very grateful that we were able to do that. With regards to the reading log, I am glad that Tiger enjoys reading because I think that's one of the important ways towards self-education. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Isle of Wight, was lucky enough to have family live there when I was a kid - brilliant place to holiday #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping there was more on your holiday adventures, thanks for coming over and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...